Legacy Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God, and that it is, therefore, the sole and final authority in matters of truth, morality, and the proper conduct of humankind and in faith and practice (II Tim. 3:16, II Pet. 1:19-21).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4, Matt. 28:19).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in salvation through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Heb. 1:2, Matt. 1:21-23, Col. 3:1).
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and salvation is by grace through faith alone (Jn. 3:3-8, Eph. 2:8-9, Acts 16:31).
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life (Gal. 5:16, Rom. 8:14-27).
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Jn. 5:28, I Cor. 15:52-53, Rev.20:12-15).
7. We believe that man is the special creation of God, made in His own image. God created them male and female as the crowning work of His creation. The gift of gender is thus part of the goodness of God’s creation. Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. We believe that God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. It is composed of persons related to one another by marriage, blood, or adoption (Genesis 1:26-30, Genesis 2:18-25).