growing christian leaders for tomorrow
EXPECTED STUDENT OUTCOMES
Legacy Academy partners with Branson area parents to develop truth-grounded, spiritually-formed, and culturally-transforming Christ followers by classically cultivating affections for the True, Good, and Beautiful who…
Follow Christ – Legacy Academy graduates develop into devoted followers of Christ, developing the mind of Christ by loving the Lord God with all their minds in truth, hearts in goodness, and lives in beauty (Matthew 22:37).
- Mind of Christ – They possess a strong foundation rooted in the Truth of Christ’s revelation that allows them to approach every situation they encounter with the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Colossians 2:6-7). This includes minds in truth, hearts in goodness, and lives in beauty to face the “pattern of this world” and “test and approve what God’s will is” (Romans 12:2).
- Goodness, Truth, Beauty – They deeply understand that truth, goodness, and beauty are objective realities defined only by God as the Creator. Not only do graduates pursue truth (that which is in accord with God’s reality), goodness (that which is fulfilling God’s designed purpose), and beauty (that which embodies characteristics of God), but they also delight to see Christ’s fingerprints in all things, whether literature, mathematics, or fine arts, and drawn to a higher form of worship to the Almighty (Philippians 4:8).
Know Truth – Legacy Academy graduates' minds know the truth of Christ by having a well-integrated worldview rooted in God’s Word and independent thinking skills patterned by God’s design, not the world’s.
- Integrated Thinkers – They know the origin and end (telos) of all things in creation. They trace every thing studied back to God’s character (James 1:17) and understand its designed purpose, which is eternal sanctification in Christ for all who love him (Romans 8:28).
- Independent Thinkers – They are well-trained in the art of learning all things through the three fundamental liberating arts. By the liberal arts of grammar (the simplest coherent thought in a sentence), logic (the relationship between these thoughts), and rhetoric (the understanding how these true thoughts ought to impact our souls), students use the foundations of all thinking and its expression in speaking, listening, writing, and reading (Genesis 1:3; Psalm 33:6; John 1:1-3).
Love Goodness – Legacy Academy graduates’ hearts love the goodness of Christ by having well-ordered affections for the Lord and humble yet courageous virtues towards neighbors through daily spiritual habits.
- Well-Ordered Souls – They keep first things first and second things second with hearts that love what their heads know (Romans 1:18-32). God is not just the logical source and end, but affective beginning and end as well. For all studies, beginning with prayer submits our hearts the source of life and ending with praise purposes our hearts towards our eternal sanctification (Philippians 4:6).
- Humble Yet Courageous Souls – They are equipped with skills to be creative, confident, effective communicators, critical thinkers, and good problem-solvers after daily testing of their reasoning within communities required in collaborative-based education (Proverbs 27:17; Romans 12:3-8).
Reflect Beauty – Legacy Academy graduates’ lives reflect the beauty of Christ by having faithful family lives, virtuous academic lives, courageous vocational lives, and influential civic lives that transform the world around them as salt and light.
- Faithful Family Lives – They faithfully live in accordance with God’s Word by maintaining sacred family priorities and honoring the gifts of manhood and womanhood within a family convent.
- Virtuous Academic Lives – They virtuously and joyfully approach intellectual life, considering the breadth and depth of all topics under the authority of Scripture (2 Corinthians 10:5; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Courageous Vocational Lives – They courageously seek opportunities to minister to the world through the mutual good of marketplace economics (Ephesians 5).
- Influential Civic Lives – They train to be influential citizens who are heavenly minded, and yet capable of great earthly good by cultivating and shaping the culture according to the coming kingdom of Christ (Philippians 3:20).